ZULC Conference - Call for Papers
This conference has ended. Please click here for more info.
International Conference on Higher Education and Academic Libraries 1st - 3rd June 2016
The Zimbabwe University Libraries Consortium (ZULC) invites proposals for papers and posters on the theme: Higher Education and Academic Libraries in the 21st Century for its International Conference to be held on the 25th and 26th of May 2016 at the A'Zambezi River Lodge, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. The conference provides an international forum for Librarians and Scholarly Researchers to explore, share knowledge and experience on the current trends in service provision by Academic or University Libraries and how this is impacting on Higher and Tertiary Education.
“Higher Education and Academic Libraries in the 21st Century” size and in 12-point size, Times New Roman font, and formatted in Microsoft Word.
- Value Addition of Library and Information Services to Higher Education
- Embedded Librarianship
- Social Media Technology in Academic Libraries
- Libraries and Socio-Economic Development
- Digital Libraries
- Strategic Partnerships among Academic Libraries
- Information Management in Digital Environments
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts for papers and posters
(a) Abstracts for papers and posters must be relevant to the theme and sub-themes of the conference.
(b) All abstracts should be sent as e-mail attachments to: email@example.com
(c) All abstracts should be single line-spaced, on A4 page size and in 12-point size, Times New Roman font, and formatted in Microsoft Word.
(d) Abstracts received via e-mail must be titled: ABSTRACT/PAPER FOR ZULC CONFERENCE 2016
(e) The text of the conference full papers or posters must comprise:
- Title of the paper
- Name(s) of author/s, (surname first followed by first names and initials), author affiliation/their Institution, city and country
- Abstract of approximately 200 words, summarizing the presentation along with key words
(f) Papers must be written and presented in English.
(g) Further information on submission guidelines for papers and posters will be send to those with accepted abstracts.
- Abstracts for papers and posters should be submitted by 31 December, 2015
- Notification on accepted abstracts and posters: 31 January 2016
- Full papers and posters submission deadline: 31 March 2016
- USD200.00 per participant;
- USD150.00 per participant if an institution sends 3 or more participants;
- Registration fee covers teas, lunch and cordials for 2 days of the conference
- Information on available accommodation can be sought from the Conference Organising Secretary.
Conference Organising Chairperson
Mr. E.T Madziwo
Zimbabwe open University
Conference Organising Secretary
Ms. S. Mbasera
Zimbabwe Catholic University
+263(4) 570396/ 573405/ 570169